[pianotech] 1880s Steinway Grand - viable project or no?

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sat Mar 13 17:51:10 MST 2010

John:

If you are not seriously determined to replace the board, you might rethink
 that. The piano may have "measured crown" (vague meaning there), but it
might  well be false crown with the board suspended by the strings across the
bridges.  You would be restringing over the old board which may well
collapse further upon  de-stringing, and then be asked to support new bearing. And
how are you  measuring bearing, if I might ask?

Just a thought. Otherwise, go for it! :-)

Paul

In a message dated 3/13/2010 6:40:50 P.M. Central Standard Time,