[pianotech] hammers

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Mar 11 22:19:31 MST 2010

Hi Marshall - Well, for sure if the pin was thrned out too much by
someone else, you could pound it in - although I don't know that
turning it back in should be any problem. If it hasn't been turned out
by someone previously, then all you need to do is turn it out one fo
1.5 turns so that the becket loosens and you can pull the wire off.
Pre-coil the new wire the appropriate amount ( usually about two turns
does it) and slip the new coil onto the slightly aised tuing pinl.
Snug things up and you should be in business....