[pianotech] Jack Springs

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Thu Mar 11 15:13:03 MST 2010

It is from Schaff, item number 527A, upright jack spring.
The physical properties are equal taper from top and bottom, to a compacting of a couple of coils, in the centre, like each end.
The old springs were a double at each end, and the winding went wider in the middle.

 I've not used this one. I only have the 3776, which I use for all my spring replacements, and seem to work just fine.

Wim

I guess you are right Wim, I am just enquiring about others experience. Ethical is obviously the wrong word choice.
It is from Schaff, item number 527A, upright jack spring.
The physical properties are equal taper from top and bottom, to a compacting of a couple of coils, in the centre, like each end.
The old springs were a double at each end, and the winding went wider in the middle.
John Ross,
Windsor, Nova Scotia.