[pianotech] Jack Springs

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Thu Mar 11 14:38:28 MST 2010

I was going to order some upright jack springs, as I am down to my
last set.
The diagram I see in the catalogue that it shows a new different
spring. It appears to be of a larger guage.
The spinet springs look the same.
Would someone like to comment on these new springs.
A fellow tech, told me of some new springs he was supplied in Canada,
and he didn't like them, saying they were harder to install, and were
noisier.
I think that these must be the ones he was referring to, the Canadian
supplier obviously is supplied by the US firm.
He actually talked me out of my second last set. Now I see what he was
referring to.
I don't know if it is ethical to indicate which item and catalogue, I
am talking about.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.