[pianotech] Well Tempered tunings

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Thu Mar 11 11:01:27 MST 2010

So in my Tunelab folder I have the following well tempered styles available:

1-4 Syntonic Meantone

Bremmer EBVT

Bremmer EBVT-1

Broadwood Best

Coleman 11

Coleman 16

EBVT-3

Kirnberger III

Stanhope 1-3 Comma

Stanhope Equal Beating

Thomas Young #1

Vallotti well (1750)

Vallott-Young well

Wekmeister III

I've used the Vallotti-Young, Broadwood Best, EBVT-3, Coleman 11 and Coleman
16. The charts that I've studied don't have many of the above styles, or
they are called something else. Can you help me, Ed, or anyone else, put
these in some kind of order from mild to extreme, or give any other comments
about them?

So far I tend to like the Coleman 16.

Many thanks,

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802