[pianotech] Fw: [CAUT] Mythbusters

Jack Houweling jackhouweling at dccnet.com
Wed Mar 10 20:54:00 MST 2010

Here are a few things I remember from the class:

   He started with the music rack tightening the screws and checking the
hinges.

   Teflon powder and on the keybed dowels burnishing them with 280 grit
sandpaper.

   Vaseline and Teflon mixture for pedal rods.

   Screwdriver ground down to fit action screws perfectly.

   Uses a post-it note between case and cheekblock so it does not scratch
   when taken in and out.

Regards,
Jack Houweling

Thanks Ted for the grit series correction--I had a feeling I'd missed
something.....
You might remember that he also said he never lubes balance rail pins after
cleaning--doesn't want any residues in the balance rail hole.  He does lube
front rail pins though.
Nice job of describing his piano-top hammer line, let off and drop
adjustment technique....I almost forgot about the key slip on top of the
flanges.  Speak up if you remember anything else.