[pianotech] Premium service

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Wed Mar 10 14:18:09 MST 2010

Everyone's talking about something different.
When I am asked, "What else does my piano need?", cleaning is usually at the top of the list.  (In fact, when they ask how often cleaning should be done, I smile and say, "At CalArts, when I have enough student assistants, every piano gets cleaned annually, some more than that.  But ANY piano should be cleaned at least once in it's lifetime"  )  Most cleanings that I do are on pianos from 50 -80 years old, will involve string cleaning and soundboard washing, and will take me and a helper around two hours to accomplish.  Costs a pretty penny; very noticeable results.

Alan Eder