[pianotech] Premium service

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 10 14:06:01 MST 2010

I can do a "full-cleaning" as opposed to vacuuming around the tuning pins in about a 30 to 40 minutes.   I pull the action, vacuum clean what is accessible.   Spurlock tools and vacuum under the strings and what I can see below the plate.   Whatever is not vacuumed from the Spurlock tools is dragged to the treble area and vacuumed up.  Run a cloth...damp if soundboard is really grungy over the soundboard.   Wipe down the plate, teflon-powder the keybed and knuckles and re-install.  This may take a little more time but that's about it.   Usually this is a first appointment service, which includes pitch raise and tuning.   I igure 2 hours for this first service.   This is an expensive service call.   Most of my work is referral and no one blinks...rarely, anyway.   Yeah, the extra cleaning/lubing is about $100 extra.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044