[pianotech] Premium service

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Mar 10 12:52:52 MST 2010

David Ilvedson wrote:
> Ok, Ron...do you like to tune/work on dirty pianos?

I tune with tools, so I'm not in either soundboard or plate
dust doing that. And again, it's not my call. It's the
customer's.

> If  you pull an action do you vacuum before you work on it.

Sometimes, sometimes not. It depends on what I'm doing.

>Is that cosmetic?

 From an instrument performance standpoint, yes it is. The
piano doesn't seem to care how dust phobic the tech is. They
work pretty much the same with or without the dust.

Ron N