[pianotech] Premium service

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Mar 10 12:03:13 MST 2010

Barbara - that sounds like something my mother would have said.  ;-)
Well sure, dirt will attract moisture if the moisture content of the
dirt is lower than the equilibrium point between it and the
surrounding atmosphere or whatever it is laying on. And it would
retain moisture, just like a soundboard or a key or felt or leather or
a wool string cover. What that statement suggests to me is that the
author is claiming that the presence of dirt on a soundboard will
increase the moisture content of the soundboard. I just ain't so. And
I was a scientist in another life - so back off baby!  ;-)

Terry Farrell