[pianotech] piano Dollies

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 10 08:58:48 MST 2010

Mike said: "When installing dollies or casters, this modification eliminates the need for the 4X6's. The pointy barbs dig into the bottom of the piano making it no-slip when tipping. A ratchet strap can be used around both the piano and the tilter for added insurance."

Mike,
Oh really???!!! Then why was it, that having all that added "insurance", I damned near had one on my legs??? Actually, the 4 x 6's have been replaced by stackable, (adjustable height), blocks, made out of plywood/dowels and carpeting. I really don't want the wheels of the dollies to touch the ground while putting the piano back to vertical, thank you very much!! BTW, those "pointy barbs" chew the  hell out of the bottom board. And, in one instance split a bottom board! Not liking your advice.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I