[pianotech] liability insurance

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Mar 9 18:56:52 MST 2010

I don't think so.  If you operate a business, your liability associated with
business operations will not likely be covered by your home owner's policy
and I'm not sure you want it that way anyway.  Better to buy a separate
policy that has basic business liability minimum.  The liability portion of
most policies is not that expensive.  I carry $1,000,000 liability plus
coverage for the pianos I have in the shop at any given time plus insurance
for things in transport plus tool loss coverage through Liberty NW and the
liability portion is only a couple of hundred a year.  If you don't do a lot
of rebuilding and aren't carting actions or pianos around then you don't
need as much coverage. But the liability portion you should definitely
carry.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com