[pianotech] How long do unisons hold?

pianolover 88 pianolover88 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 18:24:49 MST 2010

Of course pianos go out of tune, but all at once, many months later, not over time ...just like when you mow a lawn, it doesn't just start growing immediately, and slowly! It grows back, all at once, exactly 2 weeks later, under cover of darkness!

If the tuning is solid, and there are no structural issues, or new strings...then the common reason:

Humidity fluctuation! Humidity fluctuation! Humidity fluctuation! Humidity fluctuation! Humidity fluctuation! Humidity fluctuation!

Terry Peterson

Accurate Piano Service
UniGeezer.com
"Over 50, and not "2" Tired!"