[pianotech] key leveling system

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Tue Mar 9 05:32:40 MST 2010

I often wondered if there couldn't be a system using the actual balancier pin with a machined thread on the base of the pin and a screw head adjustment of the top would work. Then the fulcrum will be true and then it would be just a matter of raising and lower the base of the balancier key pin. Obviously there would need to be some sort of welded washer at the base of the balancier pin to define the base.
If we are talking about the balance rail pin, I've wondered about that, too, but could not get past what would happen to the leveling aspect when bending balance pins in order to square the keys.

Alan Eder