[pianotech] How long do unisons hold?

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 8 22:47:31 MST 2010

Bill,

All the jokes aside, unisons are the most important tuning we do.   We should be focusing on unisons above all else, but how can you put a time length on unisons with all the variables.   We do the best we can.   A very skilled tuner's unisons will last longer than someone with less skill.   I expect to be able to come to our concert piano and have it within a cent and the unisons very close.   A once a year customer's piano unisons are going to stay as well as can be expected...whatever that means.

Out of curiosity, what is your point?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044