[pianotech] 'Re: Cleaning Soundboards

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Thu Mar 4 23:55:57 MST 2010

Yes, I have them and haven't used them in years since using different
methods. The cleaning wands work the fastest for me when dealing with
dust (that hasn't fused with the varnish).

If there are spots on the board that require soapy water or if I'm in a
spot too tight for the bigger cleaning tools, I use dental swabs (tiny
sponges on a Q-tip style stick). You can push them between the strings
and clean up congealed Coke or chocolate.

I keep experimenting.

Tom Cole