[pianotech] Another Damper Puzzler

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Thu Mar 4 07:31:54 MST 2010

You get the noise by rubbing your finger on the felt, the same noise (though
reduced) with a mute strip between the felt and capstans. I think this is a
pretty strong clue it is not the felt to capstan connection. I suspect
something in the lift tray is being excited, probably in the pivot
structures. Have you had the tray out to examine these closely?

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802