[pianotech] Another Damper Puzzler

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 4 07:02:26 MST 2010

As the dampers are removing themselves from the strings, is this what is
causing the "wooshing" sound?  If so, you may need to trim the bottoms of
the dampers so they do not go quite so far into the strings on the down
swing.  That will eliminate a lot of that "wooshing sound" when they are
lifted off or, drop the level of it down some anyway.

Jer