[pianotech] Another Damper Puzzler

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Wed Mar 3 15:49:42 MST 2010

Are you certain it's not guide rail bushings? That's what caused a very
similar-sounding noise in a Chinese Falcone I attended to today.

I originally thought the tray felt, too... manually lifting the tray
(eliminating pedal-thru-pitman) and still resulted in noise. Lifted as many
dampers as possible at the spoons and it was still there, so bingo!

Just a thought...
Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Ken & Pat Gerler <kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net