[pianotech] String Breakage

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 22:51:41 MST 2010

Some Steinway uprights are fairly notorious for severe counterbearing angles
that make rendering very difficult thus they are can be hard to tune and on
occasion the inability of the string to move through the bearing point
causes you to pull the tuning pin segment past the breaking point without
any movement in pitch to clue you in to what's happening.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com