[pianotech] Duoklamps

Nick Gravagne gravagnegang at att.net
Tue Mar 2 17:05:05 MST 2010

Barbara,

I agree --- you can't usually get enough pressure with the pump handle.

Go to Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V4P2MG/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_
p=486539851
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V4P2MG/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd
_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0000224C9&pf_
rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=13PBVVEB2224A2EAN8VN>
&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0000224C9&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKI
KX0DER&pf_rd_r=13PBVVEB2224A2EAN8VN

Product Description

Item #: 018-56.

    * Throat Depth = 2 1/2 in

    * Jaw Width = 2 1/2 in

    * Spindle Diameter = 5/8 in

    * Jaw Material = Cast Iron

    * Body Material = Steel

    * Finish = Powder Coated

    * Locking Type = Thread Locking

    * Handle Type = Wing-Nut

    * Type = Single Pipe Clamp Fixture

and many other sites. Use either standard black or galvanized 3/4" pipe
(galvanized is cleaner) of lengths of your choosing. I prefer 2 foot
lengths; usually you can find convenient lengths in your local Home
Depot, etc. One pipe end should be threaded to the standard 3/4" pipe
thread, although it doesn't matter if both ends are threaded, just not
necessary. Now, the stationary jaw will thread on to one end; you can
then remove this jaw, turn it around and install on pipe; likewise the
clutched jaw.

Good power and easily reversible.

Nick Gravagne, RPT

Piano Technicians Guild