[pianotech] String Breakage

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 14:01:07 MST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Chuck Vetter <soundsgreatmusic at sbcglobal.net
> wrote:

> More than half of the strings that I have broken while tuning are on P22s.
> I don't know if it a scaling issue or what, but any of the wrapped strings
> are vulnerable.
> Chuck V
> ----- Original Message ----- From: <toddpianoworks at att.net>

I must tune at least 3 dozen or more P22's regularly, 4 of which are some of
the earliest to come out of Thomaston and I haven't had the problem.
P202's yes many many broken wound strings but not on the P22 or the U
series.

Mike

--

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it.

   Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service