[pianotech] found it was hammer return noise

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Tue Mar 2 12:29:16 MST 2010

 but wasn't Ed recommending LOWERING the repetition lever so there would be MORE contact between the top of the jack and the rep. lever, not RAISING it?

 Yes,  I set them so that I can feel the leather scraping the jack when I touch the tender. This slows down the jacks final movement since it is having to seat itself while scraping by the leather.

Ed Foote RPT