[pianotech] String Breakage

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Tue Mar 2 08:53:19 MST 2010

Is there a plate screw right above it? Is it a very short distance from
termination to pin? Like this picture?

If so, it's most likely the abrupt angle changes. I've also had a similar
break in a very new YC console.

Any ideas out there for avoiding breakage on strings like this?

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN