[pianotech] Tuning with distractions

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 08:16:12 MST 2010

I was tuning in a retirement home in the fruit cake section one time with
the room full of people.  Tuning drives them battier than they were before I
arrived....  What makes that?  :)  One of them wanted to kill me.  Well,
actually, they all did.  Another wanted to throw me out the F-ing window.
Another wanted to call 911.  Another wanted to call the fire department so
they could chop my head off with an axe, anything to get me to stop tuning.
One lady starting cussing up a storm after she told me to shut the F-up, get
my my F-ing shotgun about 3 times.  Once again, I lost it, got up, walked
over to the nurses station with tears running down my face from laughing and
said, how do you people manage to keep a straight face around here?  We get
used to it but, believe me, we laugh a lot too, was her response.

>From that point on though, I made it a point to try and have the room
cleared for their sanity and mine.  Although, I do miss the entertainment
value.

Jer