[pianotech] Gluing Damper Felt

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Tue Mar 2 06:15:37 MST 2010

Risking doing improper work here, I DO have a couple different dimensions of
width available in my shop, and I cut my own, but I don't obsess about it.
As long as there is enough clearance between adjacent dampers, I'm happy.
And sometimes (like this HF Miller we did) the damper heads are very narrow,
and I couldn't find felt that narrow.  But, there was plenty of space for a
slightly wider felt.  Cosmetically, it looks nice to my eye with a little
bit of white either side of the head.  Functionally it works as well as
anything.  Maybe I should obsess more???  Nah.............

William R. Monroe