[pianotech] found it was hammer return noise

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 06:05:01 MST 2010

So it seems that by slowing down the jack's contact with it's regulating button the noise stops. One thing that hasn't been mentionned and that I've seen is the jack's regulating button could be loose sround it's support screw. It's so easy to suspect hard felt that we might overlook this thing. If the regulating button was drilled a little too large this could happen and it would seem difficult to hunt down.

Marcel Carey
Sherbrooke, QC