[pianotech] hammer return noise

Qshooterq at aol.com Qshooterq at aol.com
Tue Mar 2 00:27:02 MST 2010

In all the posts haven't seen this mentioned. ---Sorry I don't know the
name of the metal stopper that sits above the repetition lever near the wippen
flange. But I have had a few situations in the past where the hook stopper
on the wippen was too high and the hammer dipped down low enough on return to
touch that piece before being stopped by the hammer rest rail.   You can
check it simply by leaving hammer at rest -- push the shank down. Check the
clearance both visually and aurally.
---Tom Gorley