[pianotech] Degree sign [was Hale Extension Rod]

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Mar 1 21:32:00 MST 2010

Joseph Alkana wrote:
> Oh, I forgot to mention that the instructions you gave
> below for interrogating my computer do not work as
> described. Clicking on view does not lead to an item on the
> menu labeled "Message Source", so I cannot duplicate what
> you want me to see. I've seen enough source material in the
> past to know what you are describing, however. You must
> have a different mail client than I do - mine is Microsoft
> office 2003 Outlook.

I don't know the specifics in Outlook, using Thunderbird.
Perhaps an Outlook user can enlighten, or you can pull up the
message in a text editor if there is no alternative. That is,
presuming you care.

> Would have been great for you to have pulled up a screen
> shot and sent it to me for clarification though, (a dig at
> you which I could have indicated with a smiley face here
> rather than bit after bit of written description ad naseum.

Did you somehow manage to NOT see what I included of your
message in my original reply, and you again included in your
own, with another layer of chevrons? It's just down below.
I'll try to highlight it so you can find it.

NOTICE! NOTICE! THIS IS IT!
ARE YOU READY? IT'S JUST DOWN BELOW!

> Joseph Alkana wrote:

THIS IS IT!

>> Yep, we’re on the same page. Now what in the heck
>> is a “masculine ordinal indicator” and how is
>> it useful in communication? Or tuning a pianer?
>> ☺☺☺
>>

>> We’d best get back to another topic that has a
>> lesser ° of difficulty. Don’t you just ♥
>> it? This material is not ©, but if you want to ® a
>> complaint I will take ♪ of your concerns.
>> I’m just a ♂ trying to get along, so
>> everyone have a ☼ day!
>>
>> I’m off to Ω to some good ♫ now and have
>> a piece of π.
>>

>> Joseph Alkana RPT (Retired) ☻
>>
>> Way too much ∞ on his hands

That was what showed up on my screen. DO YOU SEE IT THIS
TIME??? Note please, that this quoted text and garbage was not
taken from my post, but from your reply, which you hadn't
seen. Why?

Joseph, do what you like, for whatever reasons you have, but I
do have to wonder why your reply was in plain text this time.
Do strive, at least, for consistency.

Thanks,
Ron N