[pianotech] Shimming Steinway Action Stack to reach strings

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Mar 1 15:06:44 MST 2010

And they likely do not even know there are other places to shop!

This has always been one thing I don't understand -  why would someone
go to a factory where thousands of the same product are manufactured,
if they are looking for top performance? Can you imagine Mario
Andretti, Dale Earnhardt or ANY other professional race car driver
(and many amateurs with $$) going down to the Chevy dealer for next
year's race car? Or even the Ferrari dealer - a stock Ferrari doesn't
get it. They go and have it custom made in the small shop.

Why don't ALL professional pianists go there for their pianos? I think
it has a lot to do with the fact that most professional race car
drivers know a valve seat from a pinion gear, whereas most
professional pianists do not know a belly rail from key button.

Terry Farrell