[pianotech] It's official: music rewires the brain (as if youdidn't know)

Ken & Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Mon Mar 1 07:21:02 MST 2010

I don't remember the particulars, but, yes, the study years ago was three
groups of children in which pianos were the vehicle.  One control group no
pianos, one control group with pianos, with no lessons, just having a piano,
and the third control group with pianos and music lessons.  Like the study
you mention, grades in other academic fields of the students were highest in
the third group, some improvement in the second group.

Ken Gerler