[pianotech] Discounted rate for piano stores?

Bill Costanzo pnotuner at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jun 30 07:17:13 MDT 2010

I also used to tune for a music store and built a pretty good business in a
couple of years as a result of referrals and warranty tunings.  On one
occasion I was asked by the store manager if I did the same quality tuning
for the store as I did for my customers who were paying 30% more than the
store, and I thought about it for a moment.  I initially thought I should
say yes, but honesty prevailed and I said no, I do what is necessary for the
store but I always give a little bit more to my paying customers.  His
response was, well then we'd like to pay you your full fee and have you do
your best work for us too.  Sadly, later that year they went bankrupt. I
don't think it was because of me,  at least I hope it wasn't.  True story!

Bill Costanzo

www.RochesterPianoTuner.com <http://www.rochesterpianotuner.com/>

  _____