[pianotech] Guestion with leather key bushings

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 25 18:21:58 MDT 2010

If that were the case then center pin bushings would be falling out after
the  alcohol/ h2o sizing method, which they don't.
I did experiment a while back with a conventional felt key bushing with this
method (and appropriate cauls) and had an improved fit. The question is for
how long the improved fit would remain stable. I'll all know after a year if
the procedure is worth investing more time in.
Leather, obviously, is a different animal ( no pun intended) and was curious
if the solution would have a negative or positive effect. From the
Tom