[pianotech] Dagmar grand

Patrick Draine patrickdraine at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 09:59:44 MDT 2010

Hello, especially to our friends across the pond. I have a customer who has
recently acquired a 4' 4" Dagmar grand piano (made in the UK), and wants me
to fix up (or totally rebuild) the moderately sluggish action. Serial
numbers seem to have been scratched or otherwise obscured.
What is the correct tuning tip for this piano? -- my Watanabe #1 tip flops
around the tuning pin tip uncontrollably.
Are action parts (hammer butt, wippen) for this available through UK supply
shops?
How good (or dreadful) do these seem to be, in your experience? I'm guessing
it is at least 80 years old, in the same league as early Haines micro
grands, or the later Kimball Petite.
Any commentary welcome!
Patrick Draine RPT
Billerica, MA