[pianotech] re.:Bladeless fan

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Sun Jun 20 10:22:00 MDT 2010

Any air movement creates Doppler shifts, so it will still affect the pitch
very slightly.

But the flutter effect from the sound bouncing off of a spinning fan (which
I think is what you are referring to) would certainly be eliminated, so I
agree it would be interesting.  I'd like one to keep me cool on the warm
summer nights!  No noise!

But then again, not at that price.

Don Mannino