[pianotech] Upstop rail - - was Upstop rail missing

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 18 10:03:51 MDT 2010

Just last week, a church musician referred to it as the expression pedal. I figured it out.

When I was in high school, I was in a piano studio class where another student called the damper pedal, Leo. We were all dumb-founded. She took her cue from the fancy italicized script abbreviation Ped in some music editions. Apparently, to her the italicized-script letters looked more like Leo than Ped. Have a look sometime. :-)

So, did you say Leo is traveling too much?

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois