[pianotech] need advice for plain wire section on a S&S Upr (1880)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Jun 15 10:53:57 MDT 2010

pnotnr at aol.com wrote:
> The scale info I posted is the original scale

Ok, I wasn't clear on that, or much of anything else. So the
low tensions and break% are evident in the lowest couple of
notes of the piano, not just the plain wire. Got it. So how
did you determine this without the bass string measurements,
and why was this mentioned when you are just concerned with
the plain wire? Are you not rescaling the bass too?
Ron N