[pianotech] Pianodisc QuietTime !

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Sun Jun 13 21:34:36 MDT 2010

Well Ryan, does this Knabe have the record function??  If so, the unevenness you mention  ..........   is it coming from the recording you make or from a pre-recorded factory issue??

Playback has to be addressed first.  The piano action needs to be regulated FIRST!  Then you adjust minimum velocities on the player.  The way this is done depends on the model you have.  iQ, or 228CFX or PianoCD.  If you are a factory trained installer, this process should be a no brainer.  After you have a player that plays the piano evenly then you can adjust the TFT strip used to record things onto a floppy (old school).  I've not seen the TFT strip used on an iQ yet but I'd imagine you could record onto a flash drive some way.  Regardless of the recording medium the process is the same.  Order the mylar strip from PianoDisc.

BTW, it's spelt PIANODISC  ..........   ending with a SEE not a KAY.

We used to seine for spelt off the breakwaters in Shboygan hey.

I have a Knabe (Young Chang) Piano Disk piano that I installed for a music
store in town. I now own the piano but am having frustrations with the
unevenness of the sensitivity from note to note. You mention that there is a
way to adjust this with software. Can you share with me more how this works?
I've been in contact with Pianodisk about this, but I seem to be having
difficulty getting the right info. I'm guessing the system is about 7 or 8
years old.