[pianotech] Tuning Fail

Floyd Gadd fg at floydgadd.com
Sun Jun 13 05:18:55 MDT 2010

For what it's worth, I did have the action out to replace the missing treble string.  Removal and replacement was routine--the fit was fine.
Floyd

Quote:
The plate is not cracked.
 Floyd
This is where you might be wrong. From what you telling us, this sounds like a cracked plate problem to me. I would suggest you take out the action and check the plate struts in the middle. But be very careful. The first sign that the plate is be cracked is if you have a very hard time removing the action.
Wim