[pianotech] Lever position for hand

Shawn Hansen kayceemusic at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 11:11:10 MDT 2010

Howdy,
I guess that I don't think of the hand as opposing itself.  It is just a
grip, noting that the hand will technically oppose itself when holding
something.  Not that I use this particular technique, but I do notice that
the shoulder, arm, hand, and even my fingers work in complex ways that
create resistance and opposition for better control of the hammer.  I do not
use the Fujan, so that hammer may really call for a particular grip
especially since it is so wide.  That I can't comment on.

Shawn

--
Shawn Hansen RPT
certified piano technician