[pianotech] (no subject)

Amadeus Piano amadeuspiano at comcast.net
Wed Jun 9 09:00:51 MDT 2010

I have a piano with a Chickering Bros "Acoustigrande"  label on the
fallboard (but it actually says "Acoustigrande, Made Expressly for
Chickering & Sons").

It has serial no. 4063 on the keybed, keyframe, and cheek blocks, but the
plate has a fancy initials AAC circular stamp in  the iron and on the
tension bar it reads "Special A.A.C Tension | Equalized Scale Adopted July
1920" from one end up to the other.  But someone stuck a Chickering and
"Sons" label on it (the plate) and the plate has the serial number 194404
stenciled on it.

This is just a cobbled rebuild, right?

I was thinking it's a rebuilt Chickering Bros. Acoustigrande dressed up to
look like a Chickering & Sons.  But the plate should have "Acoustigrande"
stamped in the iron somewhere, right?

What does the AAC stand for?  Aeolian?

Thanks, Gary

Here' are some pics that might help.