[pianotech] Unknown Old Upright Mfr

Conrad Hoffsommer choffsommer at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 8 09:36:12 MDT 2010

Kimball?  w/o the foil covering.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:25:37 -0500
From: paul at bruesch.net
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: [pianotech] Unknown Old Upright Mfr

I serviced an old upright yesterday that was stripped/refinished (outside surfaces only) that no longer has a manufacturer name located anywhere on it (that I could locate, anyhow.)  It's definitely an early 20th century model.

I'm sure I have seen this "style" of serial number before, but I don't typically photograph the serNo, so I have nothing to compare it to.  I do have a guess as to mfr, but if anyone can help out, it'd be appreciated.

Attached are photos of the serial number and the F1 hammer butt/flange (I'll be replacing flanges and doing other necessary work soon). Butt/flange photo provided in case the plate screwed into the butt is any help.

Thanks much,
Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN