[pianotech] Voicing Technique

Barrie Heaton piano at a440.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 14:54:36 MDT 2010

In message <0A7B3DBA06060F1C1E14002004 at FLOYD>, Floyd Gadd
<fg at floydgadd.com> writes
>A thought provoking discussion of voicing technique has been unfolding
>this month on the CAUT list (check the archives at
>http://ptg.org/pipermail/caut.php/).  It is hiding under the subject
>heading "Steinway extra-bore-length" and begins midway through the
>thread when Mark Cramer makes a comment to which Fred Sturm replies.
>The discussion revolves around the idea of "press voicing" vs. "stab
>voicing."
>
>Enjoy!
>
>Floyd Gadd
>Manitoba Chapter

Thanks for that Floyd very interesting   I was first show the slow deep
way as the guys who first show me were all blind. At the first place I
worked "Time is Money" it was "Stab it boy you have not got all week" I
tend to use both now,  stab to start then press for more control on the
second pass.

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/