[pianotech] Degree sign [was Hale Extension Rod]

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Feb 28 14:22:54 MST 2010

Joseph Alkana wrote:
> Yep, we’re on the same page. Now what in the heck is a “masculine
> ordinal indicator” and how is it useful in communication? Or tuning a
> pianer? ☺☺☺
>

> We’d best get back to another topic that has a lesser ° of
> difficulty. Don’t you just ♥ it? This material is not ©, but if you
> want to ® a complaint I will take ♪ of your concerns. I’m just a
> ♂ trying to get along, so everyone have a ☼ day!
>
> I’m off to Ω to some good ♫ now and have a piece of π.
>

> Joseph Alkana RPT (Retired) ☻
>
> Way too much ∞ on his hands

Joseph, David Love, and others,
Foot marks in plain text make just fine apostrophes, as inch
marks work nicely as quotes. They're also more nearly
decipherable in the text, and the message will happily come in
around 10K shorter. Look at this in plain text mode and see
how unreadable it is.

Humor me for a minute and open one of your messages in your
mail client. Go to View, and click Message Source. Now scroll
down through what was actually sent until you get past the
header to the message. Now scroll down through the message.
It'll take a while. Now do the same for a 3-4K text message.
You'll see a similar mess of header stuff, but when you get to
the message, it's there, it's short, and it displays on screen
like readable text.

The thing is, I'd like to be able to read what you guys are
saying.

Thanks,
Ron N