[pianotech] Degree sign [was Hale Extension Rod]

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Sun Feb 28 12:55:57 MST 2010

At 09:50 -0800 28/2/10, you wrote:

>True. alt0167 produces the symbol § - section sign.
>
>But alt167 does produce a degree symbol, at least appearing in my
>composed message here: º. Whether or not the individual recipient
>or this list perceives it in this form I do not know. But I thought
>I should interject that alt167 and alt0167 are different animals.

They are indeed, but alt167 will still produce a "MASCULINE ORDINAL
INDICATOR" (equivalent to alt0186) º, which has an underline in many
fonts. To get the "DEGREE SIGN"  ° you can type alt248 (equivalent
to alt0176) - and I was therefore wrong to say this was mistaken.

JD