[pianotech] finishing a plate

Conrad Hoffsommer choffsommer at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 28 06:32:42 MST 2010

Blast from the past!!  As I recall, to get that rate (in the 50s & 60s) you did all the prep/masking yourself. The easiest way to tell an Earl Sheib job was to look for some overspray on the tires, where the masking didn't quite seal to the ground.

Kinda like those plate paint jobs where only the tuning pin area was masked, and maybe the strings.

BTW, you're showing your age, Will... ;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer