[pianotech] (no subject)

André Oorebeek concertpianoservice at planet.nl
Sat Feb 27 10:24:54 MST 2010

Dear colleagues,
I am reading a fantastic book about history, written by Norman Davies.
The reason why I write this email is because of something he writes in
his introduction and it is directly applicable to this/our good old
PTG list :
quote:
"Distortion is a necessary characteristic of all sources of
information. Absolute objectivity is absolutely unattainable.
Every technique has its strengths and its weaknesess. The important
thing is to understand where the value and the distortions of each
technique lie, and to arrive at a reasonable approximation."
Unquote.

Friendly greetings
From
André Oorebeek