[pianotech] 1965 Yamaha G-1

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 26 22:44:31 MST 2010

Hi Steven,

Yeah, it's a mystery about the remarkably good shape of the knuckles--I check them all. I've followed the tech who "took care" of this piano before. He has some sort of odd ideas. It's hard to tell exactly what he did. But, I can tell what he "didn't." :-) About the hammer shape, well, I've seen it before, but usually one thinks of it being associated with loose centers--these are too tight. I guess how it wears depends on the hammer felt itself.

I hope the snow is gone soon, too. Today, it was 31 degrees with sunshine. It's been such a cold and gray winter, that it felt like spring! Let me know when you are in town--though there is one week next month when I'll be out of town.

Barbara Richmond