[pianotech] Gluing Damper Felt

Steven Hopp hoppsmusic at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 26 20:54:56 MST 2010

Thanks David and all,

That is what I am going to do.  Following your advice and Susan's PTG Tech article should make it easier.  Not starting till next week.

Steven Hopp

From: davidlovepianos at comcast.net
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:38:28 -0800
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Gluing Damper Felt

Always in the piano with a  platform to regulate the lever height as I go.  Fewer shut off problems, it doubles for getting the timing right at installation and you can determine how much you need to trim the trichords right there.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com

I'm wondering how many of you glue new damper felt on old heads and wires with dampers in the piano and/or out?  I have a set to do on a newly strung piano and this is the first set I am attempting.  I have Susan Grahms articles from the PTG technical prep manual and her method and I have a method and suggestion from a colleague who suggests something different.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Steven Hopp
Midland, TX