[pianotech] plate finish

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Feb 26 20:37:47 MST 2010

Hi Joe
  I sue an acrylic lacquer and it has some body to it so as long as I retain the same color mixed thoroughly the chips on the hitch pins are easily repaired with reasonably good appearance.same in the web area. The acrylic is not a brittle finish as it contains plastic-sizers
(ER however its spelled)  It does get harder as it cures over some weeks. The beauty is it doesn't chip very easy aaaand... applying it is idiot proof...which explains why I use it? LOL
 In the past we covered the hitch pins with rubber tubing but the cows needed milking and it just took up too much milking time puttin em on.....not really
  Dale